Contenuto principale

GaglietoleGaglietole is attainable from the road of Puglia, turnign right (from Collepepe to Foligno) and continuing for 4 km. There are a lot of legends surrounding the origins of Gaglietole, some attribuing it to the Gauls.
Many Roman remains have been found such as coins, fragments of vases and statues; however today it appears as a meioeval village. In 1348 it was attacked and plundered along with eleven other castles by the troops of Francesco Piccinino, in the battle against Francesco Sforza, a gonfalonier of the Church.
The parish church of St Cristoforo, inside the city walls, and restored in 1600 AD according to regulations estabilished by the Cuoncil of Trent, contains al altar-piece of artistic note, also above the main altar a painting of jesus at the Last Supper underneath the statues od St Christopher and St Sebastian. Outside the walls, there is the Church of St Mary, containing an image, thought to be miraculous, of the Vergin Mary.

Sites of Arts and Culture - Gaglietole

 

Gaglietole

The Parish Church of St Cristoforo

Built inside the castle of Gaglietole, contains an altar-piece of artistic note, also above the main altar a painting of Jesus at the , by the painter Polinori dated on 1629.

 

< Last Supper underneath the statues of ST Cristoforo and St Sebastiano

 

 

 

 

 

Gaglietole

The Parish Church of St Cristoforo

The painting representing "Madonna del Carmine e il Crocefisso con S.Carlo Borromeo, San Giuseppe, le anime del Purgatorio e altri santi" is attributed to Francesco Providoni (Bologna, 1633 - Bastia Umbra, 1703), and it's dated on the XVII century.